I don't know if it's right to say my adventure starts now, seeing as how I haven't even gotten on the plane yet. Hello again, nonexistent reader. I'm back on this blog, hoping to use it longer and more often than I had before. So here I am, on my way to San Francisco, except not because I'm sitting on a bench staring out at the boring, grey skies that is the first day of spring. We were supposed to go on the 9 am flight, but that flight was full so now we're waiting for the 3pm one, and if that one's full as well (which it's supposed to be) then we'll wait for 5pm. And if that doesn't work out either, we'll come back tomorrow. Ah, the downsides of flying standby. Flying standby is probably one of the biggest reasons why I don't get that excited whenever my family decides to go somewhere. It's also why I never really tell anyone I'm leaving, just incase I actually don't. The confused and sorry looks I get when people find out I couldn't go somewhere makes me feel even sadder that I couldn't.
Anyway, I'm sore from sleeping on this bench for the last 3 hours and from playing basketball yesterday. I had a really good weekend. Saturday I went downtown with my mom, then to my aunt's, and then watched An Education with my mom at home. Goodness, Carey Mulligan's beautiful. Sunday my mom let me drive all the way to Abbotsford and back home. We visited my grandparents and went to the flea market and McDonalds with them. I'm pretty happy because the last two days were basically me bonding with my mom and grandparents, which doesn't happen to often. I also played basketball for the first time in a looong time with Irvin, Ronn, and Monica. Someday (soon) I hope I'll be able to get better at basketball and actually play them for real.
No comments:
Post a Comment