May 11, 2011

Cruisin' in the Swagger Wagon

Finally, the event I've been waiting all year for. My very first Walk For Life was spent with amazing people in one of my favourite school groups, Reverence For Life. Victoria was our destination and a teacher's "swagger wagon" was our transportation. Or at least it was for four of us. There wasn't enough room in the tiny bus, so one kind hearted teacher drove myself and three grade twelves. We laughed and bonded like crazy by listening to the teacher's "Epic Soundtrack Of Rugged Catholic Manliness" and teaching him the current lingo of kids our age, earning him the nickname "JBaus." I've gotta admit, I've never talked to a teacher so easily in my high school career. His love for God inspires me.

Victoria is a beautiful city. Blandin, Megan, Kristina and I plan on going back there this summer. Hopefully we stick with that goal, because I can't wait to go back! I want to go to the University of Victoria, especially since it's a 10 minute walk from the beach. Oh, how I love the ocean. I'm actually starting to think it might influence my future career choice.

Photobucket

This would have to be one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. It even smells like an old church!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also this weekend my uncle came. Had lunch at Stepho's, then went to Best Buy. Guess what I found!

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: