but what's the point in that, really? You can't sit around waiting for happiness to hit you or for things to magically get done. You've gotta do something about it, and sometimes it means doing it yourself. If there's one thing I've come to realize over the last few weeks, it's that people really do need to be pushed. You can tell someone to do something, but they won't really do it until you push them to. You can ask and ask, but even putting a cherry on top won't always get you anywhere. The importance of a task needs to be emphasized or else it'll be put on a queue of things-I'll-do-if-I-remember-days-from-now. This especially applies to myself, so thank You for the tasks you have put me through in order to see the answer to my prayers.
As for the happiness thing, if you really want to be happy, do something about it. I once read that "emotional pain only lasts for 12 minutes, and anything after that is self-inflicted." I don't know if this is true or not, but looking back on a few strange turns I've had on this roller coaster ride of a life, it really does seem so. And as much as I believe that people should be allowed to indulge in emotions other than "happy," it shouldn't be for too long because it'd be dangerous to fall too far from life's fast track. The indulging should just be enough to keep one sane.
No comments:
Post a Comment