"I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
I often find my self scared: shy, nervous, anxious, worried, intimidated. "Scared" to me is a word that seems more exaggerated than the rest of those, yet I find myself using it more than I should. I don't want to seem like that, always scared, because I'm not. And the reality is that I shouldn't be. Maybe "scared" is another word that's thrown around too often. Being scared prevents me from reaching whatever potential I have in a moment, thus creating a tiny bit of remorse and a few "what if's." I want to be confident and courageous, but never cocky. I realize there are many passages that say not to be afraid, but for some reason this one stood out to me. It's time to literally take it to heart, both sacredly and secularly.
The Lord is my light and salvation; I am not afraid. The Lord is my strength and protection; I am not afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment