February 29, 2012

Negative Feedback Loop

I could probably cry right now. It's really eye opening, realizing how blessed you are. I admit that life's been quite the struggle lately, but as difficult as every day has been, the struggle is beautiful. In my opinion, struggles are a sign of strength and growth.

I've come to realize that I really do need to be strong; not so much for myself, but for the people around me. It may not seem like it to myself, but the youngins do look up to me. I've recently been told by two younger sisters the whole "when I grow up, I want to be just like you" deal that you hear in movies along with other words and phrases that have rid me of my ignorance. I don't mean to admit these things here with conceited intentions, but rather to show that maybe this is all a part of His mission for not only myself, but for others my age.

A while back a younger brother came to me, explaining how he was sad that one of the older brothers (around my age) was tweeting negatively. He explained that it bugs him when any of his older guy friends tweet like that because he truly does look up to them. And that's when it hit me. I began to realize how negative I myself had become. So I deleted my twitter. My friends and I, we're growing older and wiser, and as we look up to the "oldies" for guidance and inspiration, the "youngings" turn to us as well.

I really can't do this anymore-- I mean, I shouldn't. It isn't right and I know it's just temptation. Besides, I've generally always been a "positive" person, so why stop now and let this sort of change overcome me? As for complaints, there are better ways of expressing oneself and flushing out the bad. I've decided to explore these things. (For instance, if it can't be helped, a negative tweet should be balanced out by something positive at the end.) I don't want to be another negative Nelly; I want to be a source of strength.

"God won't give you anything He doesn't think you can handle."

1 comment:

Camille said...

Proud.
Glad you're back homie :')