Unbelievable. It's so weird to think that my grad commencements have already come and gone by. I'm not even sure I really seized the moment in which I sat on stage, blinded by such familiar lights yet staring at a different type of crowd. I'm honestly so blessed to have been able to experience this, because even though it may seem like a normal thing that everybody goes through, I know that isn't true. And for memory's sake, I want to mention how surprised I was when I won what I won. Like what the heck man! Honestly wasn't expecting a single thing. I mean, I sat next to Paul, telling him how I wish I could win something but knew it was unlikely thanks to my grades, but who knew God had other plans. Is it strange that I'd actually much rather win the Religion class award > any other subject? At the beginning of the year it was actually my goal, but once I got back a test I didn't do so well on I pushed the idea aside. As for the other one, I am apparently the female student who "best exemplifies what the ideal graduate should be like after five years at the school." Go figure.
Weeks before making this post, I knew what I wanted to write. Funny thing is I can't remember a single bit of it. Typical. It was going to be really good, okay people! A nostalgic reflection of some sort that would have shown everything I had felt in that moment. But then again, that was then and this is now, and now currently = me writing a blog post as exam prep procrastination.
Thank you for being my personal photographer for the day, Camille! Can't wait to take pictures at your grad, ahhhh
No comments:
Post a Comment