After waking up bright and early, walking 20+ blocks,
getting a little lost but finally picking up our bike rentals, and eating a
delicious waffle while drinking the best Café Mocha ever, we were finally on
our way to Sausalito. A 13km bike ride, perfect weather, and a view of the
combined beauty of both God and man’s creations. This day was wonderful and
I’ve finally satisfied my quench to go biking. (Although I strongly believe
that biking Vancouver’s Sea Wall is a thousand times better,) biking from
Fisherman’s Wharf to Sausalito is something I’m glad I did while in San
Francisco. (Can I just say how comfortable comfort bikes are? Seriously. Why
the heck do I own a BMX, which by the way is so tiring to ride up hills and in
general for me, when riding a bike can be so much easier? I was already on the
seventh speed and it still didn’t feel as difficult as my BMX.) If you combine
the pictures I took from this trip the last time I was in town, I probably have
50 different pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge from multitude of angles. I
would also like to say that I biked on the highway for the first time ever. It
wasn’t so bad or scary. In fact, random people in one of the cars that passed
by started cheering for me. I felt like a champ :)
Once we got to Sausalito, we checked out the stores and
walked x amount of blocks to some random beach which, by the way, wasn’t even that great. Probably the tiniest beach
I’ve ever seen! But I have to give it props for having gorgeous, sparkly sand.
But honestly though, so tiny.
The best part about Sausalito though would have to be this
random indent of water coming from the ocean that we found. We were tired from
walking, so we went into the park and found a rocky shore where we rested for a
while and dipped our feet into the water. I’ve gotta say, the best places are
always the places that don’t call for as much attention, aka the places you
just so happen to stumble upon while exploring.
We headed back to San Fran on a ferry, and then the best
part about the actual biking trip began. We biked from Pier 1 to the rental
store to return our bikes. I guess I can say that this portion does compare a
little to the Sea Wall. It was just so relaxing and I wish I had a camera on my
helmet or a Go Pro so I could have recorded the entire ride. It was that time
of the day in which the ombres of a sunset haven’t started yet but the sky is
lit up so perfectly. The ocean and piers to my right, palm trees and city
buildings to my left. The beautiful sky and beautiful views ahead of me, all my
worries behind me. Praise God for such a wonderful life.
After returning the bikes we, of course, went shopping once
again. Then we headed back to the hotel and explored it a little. And oh my
goodness, we snuck onto the roof. Tomorrow morning we’re going to head back up
there to watch the sunrise and I’m just so excited. There was a chain on the
stairs that led to the rooftop though, so I’m pretty sure we’re not allowed up
there. But hey, I do what I want, right? (I don’t mean that in a bad way to
anyone who’s reading this and doesn’t actually know that I recently got that
off of my two closest friends and have decided to make it my mindset in the
sense that I need to be more decisive and less the opposite).
No comments:
Post a Comment