Hello, dear eyes that so happen to stumble upon this post!
If you are a faithful reader (aka the friends who constantly bug me about no longer writing on this thing), I sincerely apologize for my lack of posts. I realize I've left you hanging on the last two days of my first trip outside of Canada without my beloved family, but I've been..so many things. Busy, unmotivated, out and about, you know, the usual. But here it finally is: our last two days in San Francisco.
We were to leave the next day. This statement was not a concept that neither Martyna's mind or my own could grasp throughout Wednesday. Or should I say, would allow to be grasped. Although each day was long and wonderful, they went by quite quickly. We're amazed at how much we covered over the four days.
Wednesday was spent walking up and down Haight Street as well as in the Golden Gate Park (I'm more a fan of Stanley, sorry San Fran!) until we put our transit knowledge to test and found our way to the beautiful Ocean Beach. The hour or so we spent walking up and down the shore was probably the best part of the day for me. The ocean was cold but refreshing when it hit my feet.
Thursday morning was spent shopping. Towards the afternoon we headed over to Chinatown and eventually made our way to Grace Cathedral. After stumbling upon that, I became inspired to keeping walking around to find a Catholic church. This trip alone has made me realize that as crazy as my wanderlust may be to try new things and go to thousands of places, I want to find God more. I want to find him everywhere I go and follow the path He has laid out for me rather than the one that I am trying to create for myself. And whether that path take me around the world or keep where I am, then so be it. But as long as I'm headed away from here, I might as well pay Him a visit in one of His many homes around the world!
This was a fantastic trip and definitely one of the highlights of my summer after high school. I'm so blessed that my mom suggested it and that both Martyna and I were allowed to go! This trip has definitely confirmed my love for this city and strengthen my friendship with Martyna.
This was a fantastic trip and definitely one of the highlights of my summer after high school. I'm so blessed that my mom suggested it and that both Martyna and I were allowed to go! This trip has definitely confirmed my love for this city and strengthen my friendship with Martyna.
No comments:
Post a Comment