November 17, 2012

Yuna & Yuuka

The last four days have been blessed and spent with our Japanese exchange students Yuna and Yuuka. Sitting here now I find it strange to think that they were even here, it all just went by so quickly! All the places I wanted to take them to and all the things I wanted to do with them were of course, undone. (I really need to remember that "the best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry" because it always affects me in one way or another. But it's a learning process, right?) I'm just really glad that although they were shy, they still chose to talk to and share with me what they could to the best of their English- speaking abilities. Right off the bat, Yuna and Yuuka were extremely kind and polite, which I admire about them. Every meal they would make me tea and after every night of watching anime (which was definitely something new and strange for me) they would fold their blankets before heading off to bed. Now personally I just leave my blankets in a messy pile on one of the couches, but seeing them do that actually motivates me to be neater with those things. The people you get to meet and or know really do affect you in the slightest of ways.

No comments: