The ocean can swallow me whole.
Let its tides thrust me away from land and apart from
mankind.
Let me drown in its waters and choke on its salt.
Let its sharks pursue me and its rays wound me.
Let me sink further and deeper into its endless craters.
Let me lose sight of day.
But as I fall into the darkness of its depth,
May my eyes adjust to its gradient of blue
So I will know where I have fallen from.
May my lungs adapt to its change in atmosphere
So I can withstand the pounding pressure.
May my body filter out its acidic solvent
So my heart may pump out its clots.
In the shadows of the ocean, I shall be consumed.
Not by the affairs of its dusk, but by the treasures of its secrets.
Through these, I will abide with perseverance.
For the heavier I fall, the more determined I am to rise
And thus the Man who calmed the storm will respond to my
cries
He will dive down and lift me in my defeat
If only I surrender, He will swallow the sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment